NuCam DL Hardwire Kit Product Specifications:
- 15 Foot hardwire kit for dash cameras and other devices that use micro USB.
- For use with the NuCam DL, Rexing, Vanture, ROAV, Anker, Old Shark, Falcon, Pruveeo, WheelWitness, DDPai, Aukey, Mini-0801, GT680w, Goluk, Black Box, etc. Basically ALL dash cams and Android Smartphone with the same port.
- Perfect for parking surveillance, freeing up outlets in your vehicle
- Protect your battery: If your cars battery voltage drops to 11~11.6V the regulator will cut off the power coming from the car battery. When car batteries are new, they're around 12.5 Volts or more. The regulator will monitor your car battery voltage level and cut the power when it gets to ~11.6V. This leaves you with enough power to start your car and recharge the car battery. This Prevents battery over drainage. This hardwire kit is also suitable for 24V systems.
- Installation looks easy, clean and professional
NuCam DL Hardwire Kit Package Includes:1 x MicroUSB Hard wire Kit
1 x Low-Profile Mini Fuse Add-A-Circuit Fuse Holder
1 x Mini Blade Fuse Add-A-Circuit Fuse Holder
1 x ATO (regular) Fuse Add-A-Circuit Fuse Holder
1 x Micro2 Fuse Add-A-Curcuit Fuse Holder
1 x MicroUSB - Type C adapter
1 x Fuse Puller
1 x MicroUSB - MiniUSB adapter (left angled and right angled included)
Nunet® is a registered brand from NuVending. All of Nunet products come with standard One Year Warranty and technical support by phone, email or online chat.
Micro/Mini USB Hardwire kit Installation guide.
*We recommend watching the video below before installation because its helpful with the first three steps. The video will go over how to use the kit and what obstacles to look for when you’re installing the kit. *The Hardwire Fuse Kit with Micro USB Bundle has everything you need to charge your dash cam (Such as NuCam DL or NuCam AW), cellphone, tablets or any other devices from your car’s battery even if your engine is off.
*It has low voltage protection so that you can power your dash camera 24/7 without draining your battery below 11.6V. The Hardwire Kit keeps your car battery with enough charge to start your car.
- Fuse Box Location: First, open your cars Owners Manual and search the index in the back of your book for keywords: Fuses, Fuse Box, Panel Description. Its common for current year model cars to have more than one fuse box location. (See Fig.1, Positive lead, DC 12/24V)
*If you’re using Parking Mode on your dash cam, you will have to use a “Constant Power, or Hot in Start” Fuse location. If you want your device to stop charging when your car is turned off. Use the “Acc, or Accessory” Fuse Location on your fuse box.
- Ground Location: If you’re using the engine bay fuse box, there will be a ground point with black wires and a bolt attached to the frame/body of the car. This area will have no car paint, as it is the negative power terminals ground. If you’re using an interior fuse box, you will have to find an unpainted bolt that is attached to the cars frame/body. (See 1, Ground Wire)
- Decide the Fuse type to use: In your vehicle fuse box, there should be a Fuse Puller. If there isn’t one, you can use pliers; be careful, the pliers can crack the fuse with too much pressure. After you’ve found the fuse you want to use, remove the fuse and match it to one of the provided Fuse Adapters. (See Fig.2, Fuse Types)
- Connect the Fuse Adapter to your Hardwire Kit: This part of the installation does not require Cable Crimpers. You will need to push the male Positive Lead into the female positive lead; They will slide and clip together. After the connection is secured, slide the protective sleeves over the connection and make the sleeves over-lap each other. (See Fig.3, Connecting Fuse Adapter)
- Route your Cable: This step is not mandatory but it does get all the cables out of the way.
*If your Kit is missing pieces, Contact us at Support@NuVending.com with your Original Order Number.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What if I am not interested in continuous power to my dash cam, will it hurt to attach to a fuse not powered all the time?
It will not hurt. Some dash cams might not function well with continuous power.
How long is the cord? Do you just plug it into any empty circuit hole on your fuse box and ground it or is it more complicated than that?
Hi, you will need to select an open fuse location on your fuse box. Using a voltmeter, test the location for power while the car is off. Put the positive (red) terminal on the fuse slot on the fuse box, and negative (-) terminal on a Ground in the car. You'll want an empty slot with a current while the car is off. The cable is 1.96m, almost 6.5ft. The total length is 10ft.
Need to know if this wiring kit will work on my 2014 Toyota Tacoma and also on my 2013 Hyundai Sonata I know different cars have different style fuses
Hi I am glad to tell you that we will put 4 different adapters with 4 types of fuses: Low Profile Mini Fuse; Mini Fuse; ATO(regular) and MAXI fuse in our new shipment of hard wire kit. So it should be able to fit almost all of the different car models. It will be available if you place order from our website.
Do you have a power adapter/cable kit for The NuCam WR? A kit like the one for your dash cam would be great. And… what is the expected service time on the NuCam WR when fully charged and left on/connected to a device?
Yes we do have a hardiwre kit for our NuCam WR. You can search "hardwire kit for NuCam WR" in Amazon and found a picture like this: hardwire kit with DC 5.5mm male head. Could you please buy from Amazon and help leave a review for this newly released accessory? And one full charge will allow the camera to run around 6 hours. Please let us know if any more question.
Greetings, I've been having trouble with my new dash cam, and I strongly suspect that the problem is the wiring kit I purchased from you (via amazon). I have the camera wired to a fuse that is only hot when the ignition is on. When I first start the car, about half the time, the camera boots up, then signals "goodbye" and powers down. I have gone through multiple trouble shooting steps on the camera, and the problem persists. I believe that the battery saver in your wiring kit is falsely sensing low battery, and cutting power. Is there a way to disable the battery saver without cutting it out of the circuit? If we can determine the kit is faulty, can it be replaced under warranty? Thanks
Hi Juan, I am sorry to hear that. Could you please let me know your order ID? Do you have a multimeter to test the input voltage of the hardwire kit when you start your engine? The cutoff voltage should be around 11.6V, some of them might go up to 11.9V. If you car battery is below 11.9V after your iginition is off, then it might cut off the power. I can send you another one then you can try it again if that is the case.
do you have a video to show how to install this kit
Hi, you can find related videos by clicking the "Videos" tab in our product page: https://nuvending.com/collections/featured/products/hard-wire-fuse-kit-with-micro-usb-direct-hardwire#shopify-product-reviews. I recommend to check this one with its previous detailed one: https://youtu.be/X8uoujg9sjc, https://youtu.be/Pj_5QqlrO9w
There is no diagram to show which fuse goes in which slot. There are two slots in the adapter that goes into the fuse box.
Hi Kevin, here is one example of tap diagram. The included fuse should go into the extra fuse slot for hardwiring kit: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Foi62.tinypic.com%2F2upahs7.jpg&hash=06a4425d66d361be1a06a95b751bd731. If you used one slot in our fuse box and pulled out its original fuse, then you need to put the original fuse into the other slot as shown as original fuse. We will make more pictures to illustrate this. Thanks for your reminder.
Do you guys have a hardwire kit that's longer than 15 ft? I want to mount a dashcam in the rear windshield, but the box that converts the power only reaches up to the middle (B Pillar) of the car. I need a wire long enough to reach from the rear windshield to the front fuse box.
Thanks for your question. 15ft basically is the longest hardkit kit on the market based on the requirment from most customers. I am sorry if we can't help you currently. We'll try to make longer hardwire kit in the future if there are more needs.
Hello Sirs, we are located in Mexico City and are starting to import DashCams, so we would like to know which would your prices be for quantity orders (10,15,20) of your: MICRO/MINI USB HARDWIRE KIT WITH LP 4 FUSES MICRO USB TO MINI USB (OR TYPE-C) ADAPTER 15FT HARD WIRE For Shipments, we also have a warehouse address in Laredo, Texas 78040 and our shipping code in Mexico City is 03100 Hope to receive your answer asap. Best Regards, Antonio
Thanks for your interest. Our retail price is $15.95. If you buy in quantity, you will get discount such as 20% off for 10pcs, 20.5% off for 15pcs, 21% off for 20pcs, 22% off for 30pcs......30% off for 100pcs. Do you want us to ship them to your TX warehouse? We provide free shipping in the US and $30 flat rate international shipping. And also can I know what kind of dashcams you are trying to import?
Looking at your hardwire kits for dash cams, will you please explain the difference between your ASIN B072J3L2JN kit verses your ASIN B0787LD92N kit? I'm trying to get the correct kit for a Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Camera dash cam. I've provided the links to these two kits below. I purchased the first kit listed (ASIN B072J3L2JN kit ) thinking it was the right one now I'm having second thoughts. Thank you! ASIN B072J3L2JN kit - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072J3L2JN/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza ASIN B0787LD92N kit - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0787LD92N/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_3_w
Thanks for your interest. Sorry to get back to you late since our email server has changed so we have issue to get notified about your question posted in our website. Our Amazon product page should be the lastest updated one. Vantrue N2 Pro ues miniUSB port. Both of our microUSB/miniUSB (left angled) hardwire kit or our miniUSB (right angled) hardware kit has the miniUSB charging head. You need to check the Vantrue N2 Pro to see left angled or right angled. You can see the magnifcation picture about miniUSB part in our Amazon product page to make sure which one will not block the other connector. We do not have Vantrue N2 Pro at hand to test. After you make a purchase, could you please help leave a review for us in our Amazon and also our nuvending website? I believe it will help other customers too. Thanks a lot!